Audit & Assurance
Audit is an independent examination of financial records of an entity to assess and provide an opinion on whether the Financial Statements present a “True and Fair” view of the financial position (Balance Sheet); and the financial performance (Profit and Loss Account) during the period and also to test whether requisite internal controls are in place, commensurate to the size and volume of operations of the entity.
Assurance services are audit activities that provide an independent, objective assessment of financial statements or compliance efforts. The objectives of these audits are to assure management, the Board, and regulators that financial statements present a “True and Fair” view of the financial position and the financial performance. These compliance, regulatory, and financial statement audits are all considered assurance services.We provide following Assurance services :
- Statutory Audit
- Internal Audit
- Bank Audit
- Forensic Accounting & Fraud Detection
In most countries, audits are required under statutes for many undertakings, including Companies, Limited Liability Partnerships, Charities, Trade unions.
The statutory audit can bring various advantages to the company and shareholders. The key benefit to shareholders is the impartial view provided by the auditors.
Statutory Audit is an independent examination of financial information of an entity for a given period of time required under various statutes of the land.
The objective is to assess and provide an opinion on whether the Financial Statements present a “True and Fair” view of the financial position (Balance Sheet); and the financial performance (Profit and Loss Account) during the period and also to test whether requisite internal controls are in place, commensurate to the size and volume of operations of the entity.
The Firm has developed, employs and implements the contemporary methods of audit, for maximizing audit efficiency through a risk based audit approach. This enables timely delivery and value-added advisory services to clients.
Firm’s approach is business oriented. It focuses on an understanding of the client’s business to understand the substance of the underlying business rather than just the financial statements. We use our knowledge of the business and consider other services we provide in determining our audit procedures and appropriate sources of audit evidence.
“Checking the results of a decision against its expectations shows executives what their strengths are, where they need to improve, and where they lack knowledge or information.” - Peter Drucker
If something is worth reporting, it is worth getting corrected NOW !
The role of internal audit is to provide independent assurance that an organisation's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
Our role is 'to enhance and protect organisational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight'.
We as internal auditors are the organisation’s CRITICAL FRIEND, someone who can CHALLENGE current practice, CHAMPION best practice and be a CATALYST for improvement, so that the organisation as a whole achieves its strategic objectives.
We provide independent assurance that an organisation's risk management, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
We deal with issues that are fundamentally important to the survival and prosperity of any organisation. We, beyond financial risks and statements, to consider wider issues such as the organisation's reputation, growth, its impact on the environment and the way it treats its employees.
The internal audit process begins with the Risk Based Audit Plan, which is updated annually and approved by the Audit Committee. Once approved, the Plan becomes a guideline for conducting audits in the coming year. In addition to the audits performed under the Plan, Internal Audit also conducts special audits on demand.Our Services as an internal auditor include:
- Assessing the management of risk
- Assisting management in the improvement of internal controls
- Evaluating controls and advising managers at all levels
- Evaluating risks
- Analysing operations and confirm information
- Working with other assurance providers
Bank Audit can be classified into 3 broad categories :
- Concurrent Audit
- Internal Audit
- Statutory Audit
Concurrent Audit focuses on examination of transactions happening as and when a transaction actually happens on a continuous basis throughout the year.
In concurrent audits daily basis transactions are examined and checked to ensure any irregularities are nipped at the bud.
Concurrent Audit is a measure to help a Branch rectify irregularities in operations if any and avoid its cascading effect .
Many banks instead of having concurrent audit or even in addition to having concurrent audits may use ‘internal auditing’ which may be in-house or outsourced.
Internal Audit may focus on any specified area or cover every aspect of the branch, depending on need of the Bank.
‘Statutory Audit’ is conducted by a ‘Statutory Auditor’ mandated or compulsorily required by any Law or Act.
Statutory Auditors, in India are appointed by the Banks based on the credentials determined in the panel maintained by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Statutory Auditors relying on the concurrent audit / Internal Audit reports assess the risk and accordingly conduct their independent examination to form their opinion.
This audit is conducted on the behalf of a company or a person when suspicious actions are observed, or also at times of a loss in business. Investigative Audit surpasses standard procedures. This endeavour necessitates analytical methods, interrogating ability and monetary data reconstruction.
Forensic Accounting & Fraud Detection
Recent business failures around the world have caused many organisations to analyse the value of the audit, with many demanding that auditors take more responsibility for fraud detection.
Forensic accounting requires the integration of investigative, accounting and auditing skills to assist in disputes involving financial issues and data within any organisation.
Managing the company’s tax issues and face the challenges of continuous and ongoing tax reforms can drain the clients resources, time and money to a great extent.
With tax laws evolving every day, businesses need to be abreast with day to day compliance challenges. Efficient and compliant direct tax strategy enables corporate to avoid any potential litigation and focus on core business.
We always strive to provide compliance services and deep technical Tax consultancy expertise. By having direct access to partners and senior management, our clients receive customized solutions to their business needs.
This Division comprises of personnel who possess several years of experience and expertise in tax consultancy and management.
The basis of expertise is advisory and successful implementation at cross section of industries which have stood the test of successful acceptance at various assessment and judicial levels.
The Division is composed of Senior experienced Partners, Senior Managers and other qualified and experienced personnel.
Direct TaxationOur advisory services include:
Tax Management Services
- Income Tax Compliance, including international
- Transactional Analysis
- Process and workflow improvement
- Tax implications of Mergers and acquisitions
- Specialty tax consulting
- Strategic tax planning
Defining the Transfer pricing policy and Prior Evaluation, Structuring and Planning every International or Specified Domestic Transaction is crucial, considering the potential litigation and financial impact.Our team of specialists in Transfer Pricing Laws provide Services which include following:
- Framing Transfer Pricing Policy
- Preparation of Transfer Pricing Study Report
- Advance Pricing Agreements
- Compliance of Transfer Pricing
- Representing Transfer Pricing Assessments
Indirect Taxes in India can be broadly classified into following:
- Goods and Services Tax
- Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Custom Duty
All the Indirect Taxes are based on transaction values and liability will arise regardless of profitability. And therefore, Indirect Tax exposure can grow quickly if you don’t have firm understanding of specific Indirect Tax, proper Indirect Tax plan and procedure in existence.
We at abm can help with timely planning and ongoing compliance solutions. Our team can help you develop or refine your Indirect Tax strategy and address the Indirect Tax implications of most types of business transactions.
Our team of specialists in Indirect Taxes Laws provide Services which include following;
- Advising on Planning
- Indirect Tax Compliance
- Appeals, Drafting and Representation
- Audit under respective Laws
- Representing in Assessment Proceedings
In today's global economy, Companies are finding themselves investing and competing in an international marketplace. In addition to operational challenges, the global market requires navigation through complex international tax rules in India and overseas.
We provide broad range of international tax consulting and compliance services.
Any cross-border transaction involves tax implications at both ends of the transaction as well as each jurisdiction affected by such a transaction. In the context of cross-border taxation, income characterization and jurisdictions play key role in tax implications and by structuring the transaction appropriately, overall tax incidence can be managed.
abm has a dedicated team which helps in structuring cross border transactions of tangibles, intangibles and services and inbound and outbound investments for achieving high tax efficiency and minimizes the tax risks on an overall basis.
At abm, we have the capability as well as experience to understand the transaction from the perspective of India as well as overseas country’s tax laws, so that we efficiently structure the transaction.
Our range of services includes:
- International Transfer Pricing
- Mutual Agreement Procedure
- Expatriate Tax Advisory & Compliance services
- Structuring of cross border transactions
- Structuring of investments
- Advising on joint ventures and collaborations
- Strategizing entry and exit from India
- Setting up Liaison Offices / Branch Offices & Tax Compliance
- Withholding tax issues and certification
- Foreign tax credits issues
- Statutory Compliances
Advisory on emerging and recent regulations such as:
- General Anti-avoidance Rules (GAAR)
- Place of Effective Management (POEM)
- Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS)
- Equalization levy
DTAA interpretation and advisory including:
- Advice on double tax avoidance agreements and efficient utilisation of tax treaty networks
- Issues relating to treaty interpretation such as characterization of income
- Advice on Permanent Establishment
It has become a challenge to perform exceptionally well in the most Competitive era. We provide the expertise that is required for a sustainable growth in the ecosystem of ever-changing scenario and help our clients to make their positive presence globally.
Improving Business performance and implementing new and bold strategies can be a real challenge faced by small as-well as large Organizations, especially when you are facing tough external challenges in the form of competition and economic fluctuations.
Our team of Management Consultants help our clients to identify their company’s strengths, weakness and opportunities for improvement. Our strategy includes the use of both qualitative as well as quantitative methods to diagnose the company performance, its sustainability..
We at abm offer customized management solutions from designing to execution of a plan.
Mergers & Acquisitions
Increased competition and the necessity for restructuring among both local and global conglomerates have accelerated the activities of acquisitions and mergers in India.
Regardless of the reason that stands behind the decision to join forces with another company, either by merging and forming a new company, or by fully taking it over, the proper planning and implementation of the entire Merger & Acquisition (M&A) process is crucial and it can only be assured with specialized tax and legal support.
Our experienced team of legal and tax advisors are ready to support your strategic business decisions by providing services in the areas of:
- Tax & legal due diligence
- Tax & legal structuring of the transactions
- Full support during acquisitions of companies and groups
- Merger, split and reorganizations
- Post transaction integration services
- Legal advisory services after the acquisition
- Transfer pricing
When dealing with reorganizations and transactions, the focus on core business is more desirable than ever. Having a team of experts dealing with the entire mergers and acquisitions process will allow you to be in control of the entire business: old and new.
Knowing what business is worth and what determines its value is prerequisite for intelligent decision making. Business valuation provides information to assist with planning and investor strategy. Corporate valuations form the basis of corporate finance activity including M&A, corporate restructuring and corporate recovery, fund raising, Sale of businesses and also to meet regulatory and accounting requirements.
The rapid globalization of the world economy has created both opportunities and challenges for Organizations leading to uncertainty blowing across global markets and raising the importance of independent valuations all over the world. Justifying the value of businesses has grown more complex and challenging as its been accepted that valuation of closely held / infrequently traded listed shares is not an exact science and depends upon a number of factors like purpose, minority/ controlling interest, stage, financials, industry, management and promoters strengths etc.
Business Valuation is the process of determining the "Economic Worth" of a Company based on its Business Model, standard & premise of valuation, industry performance and supported with reasons and empirical evidence.
abm has a successful track record of providing a broad range of M&A, Transaction Advisory, Corporate Valuation Advisory, and Corporate Valuation Consulting in India. Our Dedicated Team has many years of rich valuation experience.
The Firm conducts due diligence reviews for Foreign and Domestic investors.
Due diligence is used to inspect and analyse a business possibility. The term implies a universal responsibility to exercise vigilance in the Organisation’s proceedings. It looks into the past, present as well as the probable future of the enterprise. We offer an in-depth due diligence assistance to firms preliminary to any investments.
The acquiring of a business carries with it a number of risks in areas that include: financial, legal and litigation, markets, products, management & work force, strategic and unrecorded liabilities.
The Firm compiles a work plan to meet the client goals, expectations and concerns, ensuring a smooth acquisition. The work approach for such goals is a pre-agreed plan with client.
Setting up Business in India
A foreign Company can commence operations in India through the following routes:
- As an Indian Company
- Wholly Owned Subsidiary in India
- Joint Venture in India
Unincorporated Joint Ventures –
these are typically formed in consortiums when executing projects and the partners are reluctant to incorporate a company
- Incorporated Joint Venture – These are more common and as in the case of wholly owned subsidiary, a JV can be set-up either as a private limited or a public limited company. Setting up of operations through a Joint Venture may provide the following advantages to a foreign investor:
- Already established distribution / marketing set up of the Indian partner.
- Available financial resources of the Indian partner.
- Already established contacts of the Indian partners that help ease the process of setting up operations.
- Getting entry into sectors which don’t allow exclusive ownership by foreign investors
- Limited Liability Partnership in India Limited Liability Partnership is a partnership having a separate legal entity and limited liability. It’s basically a hybrid of traditional partnership and a private limited company. With the intent and objective to promote LLP as a structure for foreign investors, the Indian government has recently permitted FDI in LLPs in a calibrated manner. LLP is comparatively easier to manage with less compliance levels as compared to a company form of organization.
- As a Foreign Company
- Liaison Office in India Setting up a liaison or representative office is a common practice for foreign companies seeking to enter the Indian market. The role of such offices is limited to collecting information about the possible market and to providing information about the company and its products to prospective Indian customers. It cannot undertake any commercial activities and must only use remittances received from its parent foreign company to maintain itself. We help in setting up liaison office of Foreign Entities in India.
- Branch Office in India As a Branch Office in India, foreign companies can conduct full-fledged business in India. BO can carry the same or substantially the same trading activities as carried out by their parent or group companies. However, it is not allowed to directly carry out manufacturing activities though it is permitted to sub-contract these services to an Indian manufacturer. We help in opening a Branch Office of Foreign Entities in India.
- Project Office in India Foreign Companies having obtained specific project contracts in India can set up temporary project office. If certain conditions are satisfied, the Project Office can be even set-up without any prior approval from the RBI. These offices can only undertake an activity related and incidental to execution of the specified project. After the completion of the project, the surplus funds can be repatriated back to the parent company. We help in setting up a Project Office of Foreign Entities in India.
Leverage can boost the growth of your company and can help you grow faster. Globalization has opened up many options for raising capital. But selecting optimal fund raising solution which suits your business needs require expert help in weighing risk and benefits of each available structure.
abm provide services which can help companies master the complexities of various financing options and suggest cost effective solution for their funding requirement. We also assist companies arranging the chosen finance at lowest rates.
- Project Finance Project Finance is long-term financing of infrastructure and industrial projects based upon the projected cash flows of the project rather than the balance sheets of its sponsors.
- Working Capital Finance It is a short term finance to meet the working capital needs of any business or industry. Adequate working capital is the key to sustainability of the business. The requirement of working capital is based upon the working capital gap of the unit. Maintaining minimum working capital requirements through proper policies of Inventory and Debtors management. Shortening the manufacturing and trade cycle gives more turnover with the available working capital funds.
- Structured Trade Finance A sophisticated commodity-based financing technique, specifically designed for commodity producers and traders doing business in the developing markets.
- Understanding the project financing requirement
- Prepare project report with industry analysis and financial plan
- Liaison with lender and support in credit rating requirement
- Assist in executing legal documents and disbursement process
The companies may need Project finance for their expansion or diversification. Here the repayment is made from the cash flows generated from the project after some moratorium period. Given its most risky type of finance, the bankers may insist upon adequate collateral security and external rating before funding the project.
Our project syndication division is developed uniquely to bridge the separation between the promoters and lenders through its understanding and experience in the area. Our expertise provides only the best to the investors and corporate, enabling them to take care of their business, stress free, helping them raise funds from banks, NBFCs, debts
abm provides a comprehensive services and acts as a bridge between borrower and lenders.
Our Services include;
abm has a devoted team of Experts to provide advisory and compliance services related to following Laws;
- Foreign Exchange Management Act
- The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016
Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is a major monetary source for economic development in India. Foreign companies invest in fast growing private Indian businesses to take benefits of cheaper wages and changing business environment of India.
On the other hand Overseas Direct Investments (ODI) are perceived as a medium of economic and business cooperation between India and other countries. Transfer of technology and skill, sharing of results of R and D, access to wider global market and generation of employment in India and host country are significant benefits arising out of overseas investments.
In keeping with the spirit of liberalisation, which has become hallmark of economic policy in general, the Reserve Bank of India has been progressively relaxing the rules for FDI and ODI.
These rules and regulations are covered under Foreign Exchange Management Act most commonly known as FEMA.
We provide services of Advisory and Compliance under FEMA to Domestic and Foreign businesses.
To bring transparency in real estate transactions and protecting interest of the Buyers, Government of India passed a legislation viz. The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act, 2016. Under which an Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) was established in each state for regulation of the real estate sector and also acts as an adjudicating body for speedy dispute redressal. Since 2016 Real Estate Business in India is governed by RERA.
RERA has brought total transparency and has also effectively secured the interest of buyers as was intended which has been proved to be very crucial for the development and growth of the economy.
RERA has issued precise guidelines for Real Estate Promoters, Agents, Buyers and others and are implemented very effectively. Non-compliance could attract very stringent punitive actions under the law.
RERA is applicable to;
RERA makes it mandatory for all commercial and residential real estate projects excluding certain specified categories of projects, to register with the RERA for launching a project, in order to provide greater transparency in project-marketing and execution.
Similarly ongoing projects too, which have not received completion certificate on the date of commencement of the Act, need to seek registration.
Real Estate Agents
Real Estate Agents are also required to be registered themselves under RERA, to be able to facilitate a transaction.
abm provides necessary Registration, Compliance and Advisory services to Promoters and Real Estate Agents and Buyers.
abm is a common ground for everyone, be it buyer, promoter or real estate agent. We are providing a platform where we will help the promoters’ projects and the real estate agents to register with RERA as registration has been made compulsory. abm sets legislation to regulate the relationship between all contracting parties and organize the exchange process of properties.
The services of RERA by abm include:
- Registration under the RERA as a Promoter or Sales Agent
- Certification for withdrawal of funds at different stages of completion
- Services for proper transactions of sale/purchase of property
- Helping completing formalities as a Promoter or Sales Agent
- Guidance to Buyers including their rights and grievance
- Certification and closure of Project
- Annual Audit under RERA and Chartered Accountants Report
- Financial Planning and Structuring of Project